Learning foreign languages can be very rewarding these days as there is a lot of demand worldwide for bilinguals. This is more important when you want to get a job in a foreign company. But when it comes to choosing the language they will study most pick to learn Spanish, French or German, which are popular. It is so because they hear them more on newspapers and TV. To get a well-paid job as a translator it is better to learn a language spoken by millions of people in the world and which has a rich history. In this article, we will provide 5 reasons why Bengali Translators are in Demand and the advantages of being an expert of that language.
There are several reasons to become an English to Bengali translator. The practical reasons are probably more appealing, but the spiritual ones are more fulfilling.
1. Bengali or Bangla, as it is called in the countries where it is spoken, is a Southern Asian language spoken by more than 200 million people. Being the 4th or 5th most spoken language in the world, you can be sure there are a lot of business companies which need services in Bangla, as it is also called in the country of its origin . Whether that company works with Bengali or Indian clients, or it has native speaker partners, at least one Bengali translator will be necessary. So, as a translator you will be able to find a job sooner and easier than other translators.
2. The English to Bengali translator will have a bigger salary than French, Spanish, Italian or any other language translator. Why? Because the translator does not just know Bengali. He has to have a connection with this language and with the people that speak it he has to comprehend the meaning of the Bengali phrases and be able to express them appropriately to the listener. Besides, a professional knowing this language is not as easy to find as other translators because it takes a bigger effort to become one and very few people think of this language as their possible job.
3. Learning Bengali and becoming a translator can be a unique experience because it is like actually learning to be Indian. Because Asian countries and their people have a more profound inner life, it is more difficult for a European or American English speaker to rationalize and translate the different terms. The work of the professional translator means defining perceptions, which is a really complex process.
4. For those interested in poetry and literature, in cultural and linguistic differences, becoming an English to Bengali translator is the best option you can have. Rabindranath Tagore, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, Bankim Chandra Chatterjee, Manik Bandopadhyay, Bibhuti Bhishan Bandopadhyay and many more world famous writers and poets have taken Bengali language to a new height. These treasures will be opened only to the English to Bengali translator who will be able to perceive the difficulties of dialect and understand the true meaning.
5. A modern world is multicultural and it is almost impossible to understand someone without knowing the environment in which he lives. India and Bengal are in the threshold of a new era. Globalization has opened many doors to India and in order to reach the million people who speak Bengali it is imperative for international companies to hire the services of Bengali translators.